What is the International Bloggers’ Association? Why it’s only the greatest group of bloggers on the face of the earth, that’s all! Okay, maybe we are not the greatest, but we are the most awesome 😉
The IBA was founded in 2014 by blogger, Brittany Bullen. Brittany formed the association for “bloggers who were committed to supporting each other and helping each other grow.” Brittany’s ideas for the IBA have not changed but we, (the new board of directors), have expanded on her thoughts. Last summer the IBA website underwent a complete face-lift, and a new mission statement was put into practice. I am going to share it with you word for word. Keep reading.
What is The Mission of The International Bloggers’ Association?
International Bloggers’ Association – The blogging organization that crosses borders to help bloggers grow in audience reach and quality.
The International Bloggers’ Association:
- Seeks to help its members achieve their blogging goals, assisting each blogger to be successful in the digital world.
- Strives to be a supportive and positive community for all bloggers, regardless of country, niche, or expertise.
- Offers training and resources to all members, allowing them to develop and sharpen their blogging skills.
- We do not set up blogs for beginners. Members need an established blog ready for our excellence review. Attaining the Excellence badge should be your top priority.
- We do not connect bloggers to brands, although the IBA may work with companies that do. We want these companies to want our bloggers.
- We cannot guarantee promotion of your blog or your brand. We may syndicate your published content, publish your original content, and we will help you grow.
- Blogs must follow the Google Content Policy.
How is the International Bloggers’ Association Doing This?
Many of these points below can be found on our Join Us page. Let’s review the current perks that IBA members can take advantage of:
- Experienced bloggers review member blogs with personalized suggestions for an improved design and layout.
- Approved member blogs receive an IBA Excellence badge if they meet our guidelines for excellence.
- Syndication of member blog posts on the IBA site and the opportunity for members to post original content for the IBA.
- Niche Pinterest group boards for members, including food blogging, parent blogging, travel blogging, business blogging, lifestyle blogging, etc…
- Being a part of the IBA on Instagram includes participating in contests and meeting new bloggers.
- Niche Facebook groups for members with share and follow threads for networking and growth.
- Member only IBA Facebook group for answers to questions, great blogging tips from pros, and discussions.
- IBA member Twitter lists divided into niches, making it easier to Tweet related content.
- Monthly interviews with blogging gurus on Blab. (Open to public)
- Getting featured on YouTube in a Member Blogger Featurette. (Now taking member applications)
- Weekly Twitter chats about various blogging topics. (Open to public)
- Weekly IBA Newsletter helping all members stay informed of current events.
We also have (coming soon) perks that are being perfected. Awesomeness takes time my friends 😉 Here’s what you have to look forward to in the near future:
- Scopes on Periscope (IBAbloggers)
- IBA on LinkedIn, (Including Pulse)
- IBA blogger mentors program
- Blogging Webinars
- Google Hangouts
- Resource lists
- Downloadable Resource eBook
- And more sweet nuggets that are too fresh to discuss!
The IBA is on target. We have come a long way in the last six months, and we won’t stop here. The IBA board of directors is constantly working to bring our members the best. This is not a small task, but our members are worth it!
Why is The International Bloggers’ Association Important?
Let’s be honest, there are plenty of clubs, networks, tribes, (whatever you want to call them), out there for bloggers. What makes the IBA different?
- We are international. You won’t find a clause in the member section that says, “US residents only.” Our board members hail from the US, Mexico, Belgium, Indonesia, India, Greece, Croatia, and Australia. We cross borders.
- We are open to male and female bloggers. This isn’t a hen party. We want the roosters too! Our member directory features both men and women bloggers from a variety of niches.
- This community is based on quality. That is why our membership is $12 a year. Quality is not cheap. We expect our members to appreciate the value of experienced training and great support.
- We are a real team. We work together to be awesome! It’s true. Like any association, you get back what you put into it. Our members make the IBA rock!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Alone we can do so little; Together we can do so much. ~ Helen Keller #quoteoftheday” quote=”Alone we can do so little; Together we can do so much. ~ Helen Keller”]
Now you know what the International Bloggers’ Association is all about. Are you a member? If not, what is holding you back? Join Now. You know you want to, and you will be glad you did! I can’t wait to meet you on the inside of awesome, Signing off, Tina
P.S. If you have any additional questions, we want to answer them. Leave us a comment below.